Q101: Can one make 3D renderings of the finished project to show customers with LogWorksDesigner?
It is possible to export and print out images of 3D models of log constructions made in LogWorkDesigner.
There is 2 ways to do that:
1. Menu: Files->Export ->Image: to export active model view to image file
2. Menu: View->Photorealistic visualizer: to render from the model
When exporting the user can chose between several file formats and image types:
|Supported files formats|
Supported image types
Monochrome vector graphics
Colored vector graphics
Quality of photorealistic image depends on textures used for the materials, lights sources and other parameters used for the rendering.
It is possible to add background and ground with some texture to the model in order the rendered picture to look like shown on the example below:
User may edit (add, remove, modify) textures used for the model.
The software has some limitations:
- rendering time depends on your system performance and graphics board
- It is not possible to "walk trough the model" (available in August-2009 or earlier)
- it is not possible to create a movie